Crater Lake National Park
Experience One of the 7 Wonders of Oregon
Enjoy 77 scenic miles from Ashland Springs Hotel along The Rogue Umpqua Scenic Byway – known as the “highway of waterfalls” to Crater Lake.
No place on earth combines a deep, pure lake, so blue in color; sheer surrounding cliffs, almost two thousand feet high; two picturesque islands; and a violent volcanic past. At 1,943 feet deep, Crater Lake is the seventh deepest lake in the world and the deepest in the United States. It lies inside a volcanic basin, created when Mount Mazama erupted over 7,000 years ago. It’s a place of immeasurable beauty, and an outstanding outdoor laboratory and classroom.
- Trolley Tour around the lake perimeter
- Bicycling – One of the most popular bicycle routes at Crater Lake is the 33-mile Rim Drive
- Fishing – Kokanee Salmon and Rainbow Trout are prevalent. No fishing license is required within park boundaries
- Hiking – 90 miles of hiking trails, with 33 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail pass through the park
- Crater Lake Wizard Island Tour – Volcano Boat Cruises:
- This half day trip is designed for the adventurous explorers. Departs twice per day from the north side of Crater Lake at Cleetwood Cove. Guests descend a 1.1-mile trail to access the boat dock, and embark on a 45-minute cruise to Wizard Island, where they are dropped off for 3-hours to explore the island and enjoy magnetic views of the lake. The 75-minute tour back takes guests counter-clockwise around the perimeter of the lake, with stops at some special points, including Phantom Ship. A Ranger from the National Park Service is onboard the boat and on the island to offer cultural and natural history of Crater Lake. Learn more.
- Cross country skiing tours
- 9 different skiing trails available
- Snowmobiling is available just outside the boundaries of the national park
Enjoy 75 scenic miles from Lithia Springs Resort along
The Rogue Umpqua Scenic Byway to Crater Lake. Be sure to stop at numerous Waterfalls along the way!
- Take I-5 N toward Medford.
- Take exit 30 for OR-62 E toward OR-238 W/N Medford/Crater Lake
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto OR-62 E/Crater Lake Hwy
- Continue straight onto OR-62 E
- Turn right to stay on OR-62 E